D2D Save Your Refund Scratchers Promotion
(Any translation of these Official Rules is for convenience only)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING A PRIZE.
The D2D Save Your Refund Scratchers Promotion (the “Promotion”) begins at 12:01 a.m. ET on January 23, 2015 (the “Promotion Start Date”) and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on April 15, 2015 (the “Promotion End Date”), (such period referred to herein as the “Promotion Period”). The Promotion is sponsored by the D2D Fund, Inc. (the “Promotion Sponsor”).
- How to Enter: To enter the Promotion, you must:
(a) be an eligible participant, as set forth in Section 3 below;
(b) file a federal individual tax return for 2014 during the Promotion Period; and
(c) (i) visit a participating Volunteer Income Tax Assistance location in New York or Maryland;
(ii) direct $50 or more of your 2014 individual tax refund to be paid to you by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service into two (2) or more accounts during the Promotion Period using IRS Form 8888 (Allocation of Refund form), and at least one of the accounts is one of the following qualified savings products to which the funds can be transferred via the IRS Form 8888: S. Savings Bond, Savings Account, Certificate of Deposit, IRA, TreasuryDirect, a Prepaid Card or a 529 College Savings Plan (each, a “Qualified Savings Product”); and
(iii) scratch the surface of a Save Your Refund scratch card (a “Scratch Card”) that you receive at such Volunteer Income Tax Assistance location, while supplies last.
Participation in the Promotion is voluntary and does not require you to purchase anything from the Promotion Sponsor. To receive a Scratch Card without entering through the method of entry set forth in Section 1(a)-(c), print your first and last name, complete address, telephone number, date of birth, and e-mail address (if available) on a three-by-five-inch card. Place the card in an envelope, affix first-class postage, and send it to Sponsor at the address below with attention to the D2D Save Your Refund Scratchers Promotion. Regardless of method of entry, all entrants must satisfy the eligibility requirements set forth in Section 3 below in order to be eligible to win a prize. In order to receive a Scratch Card, entries must be received by the Promotion End Date.
- Prizes: There will be five-hundred (500) winners. The prize for each winner is $5 cash or a $5 gift card, as determined by the applicable Volunteer Income Tax Assistance location. Total approximate retail value: $2,500. The odds of winning a prize are 1:3. Winners will be solely responsible for all other expenses not specifically set forth herein. In order to receive a prize, winners may be required to provide proof of identification. The Promotion Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. No other substitution or transfer of prizes permitted. Taxes on any prize, including income and/or sales taxes, are the sole responsibility of the winners.
- Eligibility: The Promotion is only open to legal residents of Maryland and New York who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry and are eligible for and due a 2014 individual tax refund from the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. Entries are limited to individuals only; commercial enterprises and business entities are not eligible. By participating in the Promotion, each entrant accepts the conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Promotion Sponsor and warrants that s/he is eligible to participate in the Promotion. Employees, volunteers, independent contractors, officers, and directors of the Promotion Sponsor, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors, and their immediate family members and persons living in the same household, are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. THE PROMOTION IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW and is subject to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Selection of Winners: If you receive a winning Scratch Card, you will be a potential winner. All potential winners are subject to verification by the Promotion Sponsor. Potential winners will be required to provide a copy of their winning Scratch Card at the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance location, with respect to entrants who entered through the method of entry set forth in Section 1(a)-(c), or by mail within thirty (30) days of the Promotion End Date, with respect to entrants that entered through the mail-in entry option. Potential Winners that entered through the method of entry set forth in Section 1(a)-(c), may also be required to provide a copy of the Form 8888 indicating the Qualified Savings Product that was actually purchased or credited with the portion of the refund designated by the potential winner, and potential winners that entered through the mail-in entry option, may be required to provide a copy of their filed return and evidence of their tax refund. The Promotion Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts of potential winners to notify the Promotion Sponsor. Winners agree to use of name, address, likeness, and/or prize information for promotional purposes in any medium without additional compensation to the extent permitted by law. Where lawful, winners may be required to sign and return a Publicity Consent and Liability Release.
- Conditions: The Promotion Sponsor and its agents, directors, officers, shareholders, employees, insurers, servants, parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, predecessors, successors, representatives, advertising, promotion, fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors (collectively, the “Released Entities”) are not responsible for, shall not be liable for, and hereby disclaim all liability arising from or relating to: (i) late, lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, misaddressed, incomplete or unintelligible entries; (ii) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, computer or other malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, whether human or technical; (iii) failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer or e-mail transmissions; (iv) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Promotion Sponsor; (v) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Promotion; or (vi) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion. The Promotion Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, modify or cancel the Promotion should any unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond the Promotion Sponsors’ control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Promotion. In the event that proper administration of the Promotion is prevented by such causes as contemplated above, the Promotion Sponsor will pick the winners from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to such action. By participating in the Promotion, participants and winners agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Released Entities, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Promotion, from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising out of or relating to the Promotion, participation in the Promotion, the prize, and/or acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, including but not limited to statutory and common law claims for misappropriation or participant’s right of publicity. This Promotion shall be governed by Massachusetts law. By participating in this Promotion, entrants agree that Massachusetts courts shall have jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to this Promotion and that venue shall be only in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Winners List: To obtain the first name, last initial, city and state of the winners after the Promotion End Date, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope marked “D2D Save Your Refund Winners List” to the Promotion Sponsor. Requests for the winners list must be received no later than ninety (90) days from the Promotion End Date.
- Promotion Sponsor:
D2D Fund, Inc.
114 Western Avenue
Allston, MA 02134
- Notice: The Promotion Sponsor reserves the right to prosecute and seek damages against any individual who attempts to deliberately undermine the proper operation of the Promotion in violation of these Official Rules and/or criminal and/or civil law.
- Copyright ã 2015 D2D Fund, Inc.All rights reserved. D2D Fund, Inc. and the associated logo are the property of D2D Fund, Inc. Any other trademarks, product names, and company names or logos cited herein are the property of their respective owners.