Here are ways to find free tax filing help and resources that work for you:

Get Free Tax Help In Person: IRS VITA/TCE and AARP Foundation Tax-Aide Locators

The IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program offers free tax help for qualified taxpayers — generally, people who make $54,000 or less, persons with disabilities, and limited-English speaking taxpayers who need assistance in preparing their own tax returns.

Click here to find a VITA/TCE site in your area or call 800-906-9887.

The Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) Program offers free tax help for all taxpayers, particularly those who are 60 and older, specializing in questions about pensions and retirement-related issues unique to seniors. Most TCE sites are operated by the AARP Foundation’s Tax Aide Program.

Click here to find an AARP Foundation Tax-Aide site in your area or call 888-227-7669 during tax season.

Prepare Taxes Online for Free: IRS Free File and United Way’s MyFreeTaxes

The Free File Alliance is a coalition of tax software companies partnered with the IRS to help Americans prepare and e-file their federal tax returns for free. Check each offer to make sure you qualify for a free federal return. Some companies offer free state tax returns; some charge a fee.

Click here to find an IRS Free File software tool that works for you.

United Way offers MyFreeTaxes to allow anyone earning $66,000 or less per year to file federal and state tax returns for free. MyFreeTaxes is powered by H&R Block’s tax preparation software.

Click here to file using United Way’s MyFreeTaxes.